Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Archangel Gabrielle

"Graceful Landing"
PHOTAGGIO by sapphic graphics design cafe


Several days ago, as I sat in meditation at Temple*, I received a vision that I was to pull out my Angelic Messenger deck of cards (Doreen Virtue) and choose one because there was a message I needed to receive. So as soon as I got home, I lit some incense, opened the box of cards and as I contemplated my meditation, absently shuffling the deck, one card flipped out and landed at my feet. It was Archangel Gabrielle and her message is this:

"You have an important life purpose involving communication and the arts. Please don't allow insecurities to hold you back. I will help you."

"I am with you as one of your guardian angels. You may wonder why an archangel is with you. I help many people simultaneously, and you are among them. I help those whose life purpose is in the arts or communication. I will help you polish and trust in your natural talents. Then I will open door for you to express those talents in a way that will help others."

"What I need from you in return is honesty and cooperation. Tell me about your confusion, your insecurities, and your dreams. Ask me to help you. And then, please walk through the doors of opportunity that I open for you. I am on your side completely! My function is to be your coach, and as such, I may prod you along. Please know that I am only pushing you because I know that you need a little boost from above."


I was very happy to get this life path affirming card that day. The next morning I was up before Pat (a highly unusual event) and as I stepped into the sun room with my coffee I was drawn to the angel card deck again, still sitting on top of the sideboard with Gabrielle turned up as a reminder. I picked up the deck, turned Gabby over then sat down and just held the cards for a while before shuffling them until one stuck up at an odd angle out of the deck. I said to myself, ‘this must be today’s card!’ I guess I wasn’t really surprised when I turned it over and it was once again Archangel Gabrielle.

Later that evening, while on a walk with Pat and Maggie, I was relating the synchronistic card readings and in the process of doing so I realized that even though I often joke about ‘not knowing what I want to be when I grow up’ I have always only ever wanted to be an artist. And for the first time, it occurred to me that I have been fairly true to my calling. It was an awesome realization.

*http://phoenixtemple.org/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! You are a truly talented artist! Run with it!

Love,
Angie

Anonymous said...

It isn't always easy being an archangel.